Tuesday 12 October 2010

Navarathri and fun!


I've spoken about Navarathri and its preparations nearly every year (click here for 2008 and here for 2007).  Will that not be unfair if I ignore it this year??
 

But before that, I welcome all of you to come and visit me and my golu….
Travel through the virtual world, and visit my golu, have sundal and make merry!!

And don’t forget to get your Vethala – paaku (Thamboolam)!!!

Navarathri is always synonymous to fun and masti.  For all that we can do, and not to forget Sundal eating, and house hopping for Golu :-)  
Although Navarathri is for nine days, the fun and delight loiters in your mind at least for a month. 

From the days I remember, I had been celebrating Golu ever since childhood and every year it has become better and beautiful, with lot of new dolls, new plans, and many new guests.  

Golu days during childhood had seen me dressed up in all varieties.  Credits to Mom. She dresses me up like Radha,  krishna, Andal, Marwari type saree, simple half saree, padmini kolapuri ishtyle, gaghra type of dress, and a lot more!  


And I go to all the houses with my mom visiting their Golu, having sundal, and singing songs at all the houses.



As I grew the perception about Golu different, and my roles changed too.  I started helping amma throughout Golu preparations.  And then time came, I started keeping a Golu all by myself. Such a wonderful transition it was, and I have to admit, I enjoyed all these phases.  

Without much delay, here's my Golu photos...enjoy this year Navarathri, and please help yourself with some hot sundal :-)


Navarathri greetings to all of you!  And thanks for visiting my Golu!!

10 comments:

  1. lovely. Thanks for the virtual tour to your house! :)

    BTW where are you based now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post vaish!

    Liked those types of sarees your mom used to dress up in! I like sarees!

    Golu, i read about this festival recently in newspaper, worship of dolls na? correct me if i am wrong.

    enjoy the festivals!

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i love the fooood and the Golu amzing beatuiful,,,

    also sharing food is goood so when u giving my share he heheeh e

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw how are you doing.. are you ok now

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW !!! That sundal is certainly tempting to drop at ur place....droooolllll.... :P :P

    Lovely kolu...so neat and nicely done. I love it...but we dont have it in our in-laws side....so, went and helped out my amma. :)

    I love the sundal collection and group singing with aunties everyday...so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy navrathiri to you vaish :) :) We never had golu in our home but I am always excited by the sheer variety of dolls there :)

    _______________________________________

    the story is nice :)

    hmmm.. some people leave their mark so much that makes others to leave them..

    Well written Vaish :) :)

    _______________________________________

    so did you caught the rat now??? but don't let rat to stay long in house.. then you will wonder whether you are living or rats living in the home :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. super golu..sundal engayya? hey good one yar..and thanks for the encouragement buddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Priya - thank you so much! I loved your Navarathri version too!

    @ RS - yes...Those days I don't complain to mom..today when I look at those pictures, I couldn't control laughing at myself!! Yes..you r right! It's a display of dolls!!

    @Bikram - I've already give your share...virtually ;)
    BTW...cold is gone..poyindhi! And now it's a great relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Uma - I know...this festive season is just so much fun!! you'd have been really busy visiting a lot of houses right? nice..
    I've been kept complete busy too with guests coming all day! Never thought so many will turn up! Festival looks complete with so many guests! Otherwise its boring like Yaarume illadha kadaila yaarukku tea aathara kadhai ;) lols

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Kanagu - thanks for catching up with all my posts!!
    Ya..to see the variety of painted dolls itself is a pleasure
    :)

    Rat poyindhi!!, but I don't know when the other one will pop up :)

    ReplyDelete