Monday 18 October 2010

Ten on Tuesday - 1

I'm already inspired to write Ten on Tuesday, after reading those beautiful posts of Shilpa.  With so much of inspiration overflowing into me, I jump into this series presenting my first TT.  It is going to be a visual treat for you! So go ahead and enjoy my top/favourite 10 captures (not in any particular order)!!! 

Each of these pictures have a little story behind and they are close to my heart on all possible means!


This is my first attempt on good photography.  It's only after seeing this picture, I realized the presence of photo bug in me!



I waited for hours in a zoo to take this shot.  And that parakeet was not co-operating with me at all.

 

I have the habit of carrying my camera everywhere I go.  Because I don't want to miss anything that is beautiful.  I was carrying a week's load of vegetables and other food products when I saw this glowing sunset and its reflections in water.  And I simply could not leave the place, without capturing it!


Most of my fellow co-chennaiite will recognize this place at the very instant!  This was taken from a moving train in a Sony Erickson mobile phone!



I took 30 + photos before getting this perfect capture, If you notice the 2 bicycles at the far end near the tree.  There were 2 people who were riding their bikes.  And they were chatting and smoking for almost 1 hour, and I had to take 100+ photos to while away my time until I got my moment! 


This is one of the snaps that took me very short time because right elements just fell in place - the mist, the waves and serenity!


My parents and HD have lost their patience waiting for me outside the temple. I decided not to go in unless I get a good snap of this gopuram.  The result of so many scoldings!!


As every hour went by, the small lights dazzle for just 5 minutes.  I spent around 3 hours to get this capture. The long wait did not actually seem long.

 

I found this beautiful lily in one of the stranger's house.  And I could not resist myself clicking this.  But with my camera limitations, I couldn't take a macro shot.  So, HD and I went and knocked their door, told them that we are tourist, and had a brief chat, made friendly talks, and then asked her permission to take that picture!


The yellow and green combination was so inviting.  And it's a rare form of tulip!


18 comments:

  1. Wow lovely shots! Yeah u must put more pics on ur blog, u got the talent girl!

    I can't say which one is better than the rest, but definitely the temple pic, and the lake side view is awsome.

    All the best for the series!

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING is the word for these pics....and of course AWESOME !!! :) Kudos to ur patience, we got to see some wonderful pics...and trust me, they are damn good. :) :)

    Each one out beat the other and makes one wonder at the patience of the photographer...lovely...good job, Anu. :)

    Which temple is that gopuram ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pictures. Just brilliant. LOVED those two bi-cycles there int hat pic.

    You have a wonderful eye for beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply AWESOME!! You are a wonderful photographer!! I checked all the photographs thrice to decide on the bestest...but gave up...coz all are simply the bestest!!
    Good to have company for Ten on Tuesday! :))
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey RS - thanks for those encouraging words! I don't generally post a lot of pics coz I am in Flickr. Just thought that I should share at least my best ones to you all...and hence this post! True..these pics are like my children, and I cannot rank them :)

    @ Uma - Thanks for your lovely positive note :) I'm already flying with these comments ;)
    That's Srirangam Temple

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Priya - Welcome to my blog, and thanks for all of your comments!
    That's a beautiful pic too, and a nice place. So we did not mind spending hours there :)

    @ Shilpa - Welcome to my blog! And thanks for those energizing comments :)
    You are my blog guru dear!! Glad to give you company in 10 on T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well first of all let me say to you .. YOU GOT PATIENCE ... i could never do that wud have asked the two bikers to move he he he thats me

    and the dahlia in the first pic looks beautiful an the last one tulips wowow i have not see a yellow one

    and parakeet i guess he was camera shy :)


    Bikram's blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pics :) each one of them is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! The lily is very beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from a fellow Camerasutra always dangling from neck person!!! :)

    I loved the Gopuram shot and of course the beautiful two cycle propped beside a boat one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics!!
    OMG I admire your patience. :) You sure do have the passion and talent for photography, girl! The photos rock. Your passion got to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Bikram, Ramesh, Arvind, Harini, Saksh & Priya - Thanks a lot buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Vaish...you sure is a prof photog based from these lovely photos...hmmm...we both love photography and me too can't leave the home without my digicam, the love for it was just recently discovered, just 6 months back I guess?

    These photos inspire me to be more accurate with my shots and will try to learn how to use macro settings for close-up shots...have not tried yet, but even without it, my close-up shots with a variety of flowers looks good just the same!

    Maybe its in the eyes...would u believe?

    Thanks so much Vaish...hugs!

    will bookmark you, i find your place so interesting... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for those lovely comments. Same pinch on carrying digicam along :)
    Your photos don't seem to be like that's been taken by someone who's practising photography for last 6 months. They look way professional...
    I simply love your flower versions! Treat for one's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Photos 3 and 6 are so beautiful..touching to see such passion and patience.

    Sathej

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Sathej! Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete