Sunday 28 September 2008

Navarathri 2008

This year's Navarathri or Golu (to give a tamizh accent) is a first of its kind, unusual, special and it’s different for me for all reasons (good only). Coz I am celebrating it without my parents & with a new family member S (well…not really new!! it’s actually 6 months old). I am always animated about Navarathri, as it’s a grand event to work hard, to rejoice, to eat good hot sundals, to get-together with friends, relatives’ et al.


Coming away from homeland, I lost hope if I will ever keep Golu here. And I did not bring any dolls. Since S was equally fascinated about Golu, we decided to purchase dolls which we started in Paris. Gare du Nord (Paris) had lotsa Tamil stores where we started our purchase, n then a few bommai sets in zurich; Wherever we went, we made sure to buy something that we can display in our Golu.

Yipppe!!! Finally the day has come, we managed with 3 steps beautifully ornamented with red lights, small cute dolls (courtesy: S). Here goes our Golu pictures...


Full View of Navarathri Golu '08




Saraswati Puja during Navarathri (missed my Veena n Guitar badly)


Happy Navarathri to all of u.....

3 comments:

  1. Superb, you are having Golu in New Zealand, hope that it makes you feel at home. Have a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...am not in N.Zealand...am in zurich...thanx anyways....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey anu,

    Thats a cute golu ... guess u rock there ... cool di ... Happy Navarathri ...

    ReplyDelete