Monday 11 June 2012

Song for today

When it comes to music, there is no language bar according to me!  I can enjoy any kind of music - from heavy guitar, to ear tearing drums, to melody - Any sound that is rhythmic - the chirping of bird, even when seagulls screech!  

I remember how much fun we used to have tapping the bench for our favourite music during school days.  Although I like broad genre of songs, I choose what song I want to hear on that given part of the day.  That depends on where I am and what I am doing, and who is along with me!  At the blue hour of the day, my choice is always a classical melody.  


"Aaraanu Nee" is a beautiful such malayalam song sung by Swetha Mohan.  Honestly, I don't know any of Malayalam, or the meaning of its lyrics, but what I can assure you is that it puts you to a peaceful sleep! 


6 comments:

  1. I love melodious ditties -- the soothing kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I can enjoy any kind of music. Even rock, thanks to my son. Most of the malayalam songs are melodious. Thank you. Will hear now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice song. They got a beautiful tune, but some variation could have made it even better. There are some awesome songs in Malayalam. We don't get to know them, often. Listen to 'Chanjadi aadi' when you get time. Here's the link - http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=292632&mode=100&rand=0.7923141237599515

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the music .. cant understand though

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is a universal language... Enjoy all of its flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, music is one of those things that any language will do. Its all about melody. I like the music.

    ReplyDelete