Thursday 29 September 2016

Knock Knock...anybody there?

Knock Knock! Hello, anybody there! 

It seems like ages since I logged into this blog space.  I even forgot how to login into blogger, and what my password is! That's what 2 years of absence in this space has taught me.  Lots of changes, and loads of experiences to share, but very little time.  I know I always seem to whine about not having enough time, but I now have a genuine reason!

So to quickly give you an update on what's happening in my space and what happened over the last couple of years, I thought I should login to keep this blog alive, no matter who reads it, or how bad the layout looks!

When we started our travel blog (www.countryhoppingcouple.com) in 2014, little did we know that we would soon be super busy with our travel and assignments, let alone the social media that we jumped into to get our blog a visibility.  Soon enough, we earned lot of readers and our website grew in numbers. We even got voted as the best roaming romantics in one of the established website. 2014 and 2015 took us to lot of new places, and gave us amazing experiences snorkelling in GranCanaria for the first time, witnessing northern lights in Arctic Tromso, Kayaking in the mangroves of Abu Dhabi (do you know that there are mangrove forest and much more than just buildings?), and many more. 

Last year we went on an epic cruise journey to Hellenic islands. And things started to take a reverse turn while we were organising yet another epic journey.  I got pregnant in October last year!  Lots of ifs and buts, but we felt happy and were ready to enter the journey of parenthood. Atleast we got 9 months ahead of us to prepare for what seemed like a toughest job in the world!  Surprise after surprise were spewed upon us, and we got to know in 8th week that I was pregnant with twins! What? Ok! Yay! OMG! 

This was exactly our reaction when we came to know we are having twins.  More stories on it later, but we now have 2 gorgeous bundles that occupy our lives pretty much full time.   They are Hriday and Hasini, and these lollypops are almost 4 months old now. God knows where the time had gone! From an impulsive traveller to protective parents, we grew and we matured, and still learning.  Our life had a paradigm shift in pretty much everything we saw and experienced - Our selfies replaced baby pictures, talking of travel replaced talk of poo colour, impulsive to super organised.  

So, this is us as on date, enjoying our parenthood and doing everything possible to be super efficient with time. But I had been longing to come back to this blog to write a lot and totally glad that I am able to do it today.  Don't have a miniscule idea of when I will log back again, but as long as the motivation is there, I am sure that will happen someday, as it just happened.  

So how are you all blog friends doing?  (Don't even know if people still read my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment