Tuesday 17 January 2012

Photography Gyan # 2

Today has been a long disgusting, stressful day at work.  Did not really bother to write down.  But I don't want to give up - definitely not at this early stage of my project.  What - I've just written for a full 10 days now!  


While juggling over 10 other things of what to write today, I simply picked up writing about Photography Gyan.  After the Gyan # 1 I saw a good response from you all, and it's really motivating to share the experiences!!  Thanks for being that driving force!

Gyan # 2: Be Bold and don't be afraid to experiment: 
There are 2 aspects to being bold and experimenting. Boldness in  using camera features and taking photos in a public area!  

Go crazy.  Do not hold back thinking "what if I press some wrong button on the camera"  There's no right or wrong button in camera, except deleting.  So go and fire shots, try out all the modes that's available in your camera.  If you are using a simple point and shoot, it will have modes like programme, auto, ISO, nightmode, landscape, portrait - Am I right?  Choose a location or an object as your "SUBJECT".  Take the same subject in different modes and see what's the difference. Remember - The more you exploit your camera, the more you explore! Similarly change the flash settings, aperture, shutter speed settings and try them out. Learn by yourself.  It is so much fun!

The same boldness is required when you are shooting in public places.  If you think you want to take a picture by sitting, tilting your head, bending ,or even by laying on the ground - just do it! Don't be afraid or don't let "what-others-think-of-you-syndrome" enter your head!   You will be surprised to see the weird angle you've tried will be watched over and will be tried by them as well!  Initially I used to worry about this.  But slowly I came over, and I don't even care about who is watching me!   Check out this!  


picture courtesy: http://www.istockphoto.com

So, go ahead and have fun taking lots of pictures, and update me how many you took, how you took them! 

I also hope you had enough time by now to go through the basic science of photography, which I will go through in my Gyan # 3.  

10 comments:

  1. actually even when you are clicking someone, it helps to take loads of random, unposed pictures. Some of my best pictures have been taken by hubby when I wasn't posing. You catch amazing poses. And with children you get them at their best when not posed for. But, I am so lazy, can't lug the big SLR everywhere and don't remember to keep the point-and-shoot in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a photographer...but it seems you are a pro with a passion for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes MAM.. points noted .. in 5 days time i will have my camera.. counting down now :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaa I would love to click like no one is looking at me but sometimes I can't. When we hang out for a vacation I click like crazy in diff angles,diff phose,diff things won' t leave a single detail back about the vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachna - tell me about that! I totally agree. Best pictures are unposed. And they look very natural isn't it? I love photographing children. You should start carrying camera!

    @ Alka - I have flickr pro account, but I'm not a pro yet! Long way to to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Shilpa & Bikk - You guys don't need these tips. I already love your pictures!

    @Kala - ha ha..But finally those pictures carry the memory along with us isn't it? And it's nice to look at those 1000 pictures and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently wanted to lie down and take a photo of a lovely large lantern hung in a Mahal. But I was afraid of what others will think of me, and left it. Next time, I guess I won't. :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete