Monday 16 January 2012

Shoo away the Monday moods


Warning: Here again! I hate saying monday blues! Coz I love blue in any form - blue skies, blue water, and R&B (rhythm and blues genre of music) and the boy band BLUE and blue eyes!  So the word "Monday morning blues" is strictly prohibited here!!

Give me an answer.  No cheating - okay?  How many of you like Mondays?  Monday mornings are Monday mourning!

Personally I never like!  But that's now. While I was in school and college, I would be yearning for Mondays to come – to meet with friends, and have fun!   And after I started working, Mondays were always nightmares -  meetings, planning, preparations, more meetings, targets..uff!  Over years, I’ve tried to work out different strategies to turn these Monday mourning into beautiful ones. 

There is a simple strategy – Keep your favourite activity on Monday!  Believe me it will work! 

Here’s a list of activities that you can do on Mondays, if you like them (not all, just pick up a couple of them)

·       Go on a shopping spree (treat yourself – not expensive though!)
·        Pamper yourself on ayurvedic or beauty massage.
·        Swimming / Dancing / Gym
·        Schedule yourself to speak with your best friend
·        Order the dinner from outside (unless you love cooking!)
·        Keep a favourite TV program that's telecasted only on mondays
·        Play with your partner – I mean (you dirty!!) – Either ludo or scrabble!
·        Revisit your hobby, join the classes.

Or anything that comes to your mind! The idea is that it should be your favourite activity or something you really enjoy doing and look forward to!  If your do them on regular Mondays, your mind will be conditioned to accept Mondays as just another day!  Ofcourse we can’t be so excited for Mondays (having to go to work!), but it atleast lessens the burden, and help you to stay positive over the week!    You can even plan your holiday or sick leave on mondays ;)

Like we have do’s there are also certain don’ts to keep up with feeling positive on Mondays. 

·        Do not do home or grocery shopping on Mondays
·        Do not do any task because you don’t have time to do them on any other day!
·        Do not keep any house related works like laundry, washing, cleaning, mopping etc.
·        Do not visit relatives or family members (like parents or in-laws, if you are not living with them).  You’d have just met them on weekend right?
·        Do not indulge in small talks with neighbours.  Just close the doors!
·        No to vegetablewala, isthri, pookari, and all.

They’ve worked out to some extent for me – but I have no idea if this works out to every other person.  Because our commitments and daily lifestyles are different.  I have a friend who is a new mum.  She says that time runs so fast that she does not even know if it’s a Sunday or Monday.  True!  But the underlying point is do the things that will help you stay positive throughout the week! 

6 comments:

  1. Wowww these are some gr8 tips to keep Mondays brisk n active. I too hate Monday mornings to keep the dullness away I usually some fav dishes for Monday in that ways also the day will end peacefull n happy :) wat do u think of my tip vaish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha--Vaish, I must be one of the very few who can say i genuinely LOVE mondays!!

    The thing is I can write only when I am alone, by myself and though I do enjoy time with family om wekeends, I do wait for Mondays as husband and kids leave, and I can get back to my writing and art :)

    Cheers! I hopped over from Ruch's blog.

    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes mam points noted .. wil make sure the DONT's are taken into consideration on mondays :) thank you

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike Mondays too but since I work from home, I look forward to the solitude offered when the kids leave for school :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ "Do not indulge in small talks with neighbours. Just close the doors!" :D :D

    I love Mondays... the same reason as that shared by Rachna :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kala - yeah..it's a great way to end a monday...mouth watery already!

    @ Preeti - I can totally understand!

    @Bikk - ha ha!! Better!

    @Rachna - Yeah..one definitely needs that 'me' time!

    @Shilpa - ha! Totally agree!

    ReplyDelete