Friday 28 January 2011

Here and there!

Last few days challenged me with zillion tasks flaunting in my mind causing nightmares. I thought there is no "The-End" to these tasks, and I am never going to complete them. To my revelation, I managed to complete a few onus.

**********
Managed to get registered with a local library.  So this gives me access to large volume of books. Having taken the challenge of reading 100 books in this year and there's no better way for me to carry out this goal.  It's time to awake the slept dormant-reader and get geared up for this challenge.  Will write more about it in subsequent posts.
**********
Series of bug and applications has completely slowed down the performance of my laptop.  I was never ready for formatting! Finally went for a new lappy!  And now the conflict over lappy is resolved!
**********
Last week, I was in a situation to confront a few people who had influenza / swine flu and who are taking medication.  I couldn't avoid meeting with them and I was scared that I would get it too. So S & I went for complete vaccination!
**********
At the recent vacation, I was able to explore the camera really well.  I learnt some of the easiest techniques of photography and was trying to implement them in my pictures.
I tried playing with dew drops from trees, macro shots with reflections, capturing pictures with black background, pictures with bokeh, close up shots, wide angle, night shots, light trials.   I am not perfect at any of these, and I'm still learning them with my Chitti, but I'm excited about this new learning!
**********
Never in my life had I the desire to cook mouth watery food, or the intention to get appreciations from S for cooking!  Because I knew, if that happens, it should be the 8th wonder in this world!!  And to make Pulikachal (Tamarind paste sauted with spices and red chillies), was a herculean tast for me!  But to my surprise,  I ended up preparing finger-licking yummy Pulikachal!!!

9 comments:

  1. Reading 100 books...damn cool resolve!! ATB for this!! :)
    New lappy... hearty congratulations! :)
    Pls share some tips and tricks with ur new camera!! We are buying that dream machine sooooooooooon! :)
    Good going with Pulikachal!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shilpa, haven't been reading books lately! so no other way than taking up this challenge!
    Oh wow! It's worth a buy dear! Lovely toy! That's my best possession ever, much to the jealous of S ;)
    Will share more pics in this space soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one thing pops out of this post to me....Pulikaichal...WOW, it came well ??? I just love it...the puliyodharai is a much loved dish at home... :D :D WTG Anu...come on... :) Whats the next on ur list to try out ????

    Sometimes, listing things out like this will make us more focussed and make us feel good abt the things we did. :) Keep writing things down like this. :)

    Library membership is one of the most imp things to me...and looks like for u too...so keep reading...and add one more to ur side bar on what book are u reading currently.... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyy go for it the 100 books challenge :)

    that reminds me i need the vaccination done for swine flue with my job i get in touch with so many people .. i shud et it done at the earliest ...

    congrats on the new lappy ...

    and yayyy to the fooood :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried my hand with Puliyodharai. I tried the instant mix, but wasn't able to eat them after a couple of times. Then I went for the normal way of doing it, and my gas finished (I have 2 kg small cylinder). At last I did the best thing - Had it from a mess nearby :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vaish,

    I guess u r having a real relaxing, soothing time dear!

    Reading 100 books... am sure you will hitting back to ur blog more often then, do let us know about the books!

    I actually see your "to do" list getting accomplished! good!

    OK now i know it's your camera and your tricks with it :). btw, what camera is it, i remember u wrote in one of your post about ur new possession!

    tc

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Uma - I love puliyodharai and yes it came out well, to my surprise :D
    i have been keeping the target of trying 20 new dishes every year!! And there's so much to learn from you dear!!
    Your excellency! Have added the side bar to show the currently reading book :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Bik - thanks...i saw this in Harini's post, and thought it's good to take up this challenge!!
    Yeah..just get it done, better later than never!!

    @ DI - ha ha...I love pulikachal in any form, how good or bad it is!! for its tangy taste! keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Hey RS..yes..but 1 month gone, and not even finished 1 book! That's getting real bad!
    yes indeed! that's really difficult to drive and complete the to do tasks!!
    I have Nikon D90 dear!

    ReplyDelete