Sunday 8 July 2012

ISKCON in London


This beautiful Radha Krishna deity is from the ISKCON temple  in London.  Its a big temple (compared to the others that I've seen in rest of europe) and they had a restaurant just below the temple.  Couldn't take my eyes off these nicely decorated statues.  Did meditation for a brief time before I left for my shopping.The temple is located in the central london, somewhere off the Oxford street in Soho Square.  There are upteen general souvenir shops around this area too.  

10 comments:

  1. There is ISKON everywhere now. Have seen few too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idols seem similar to the ones here at Bengaluru

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they have a shopping complex (incl. theater, shops, bakery, etc) at their Bangalore center. They were also planning a Theme park, not sure if it's come up yet. This seems to be a rich foundation.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am knowing more about england from you , then my stay for umpteen years here :)
    I did not know it was there

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. my boss who went to london recently raved about it!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time , I am there I will surely visit the temple.

    ReplyDelete