Wednesday 13 June 2012

Olympic Torch Relay

The Olympic Torch has made it's visit to Scotland, has went across all the highlands and islands, and finally reached Edinburgh today.  When S told that it's on a weekday I lost all my hope until this morning,when I checked the website that its this evening between 5.45 to 6.15 it passes through my area.  I was all excited, left work sharp on time, and came home, refreshed myself, and took my gear to take photos.  

The whole area was flooded with localities that were all cheering...It is such an iconic moment for something like this can never happen again....And being part and witness it was so much fun.  


7 comments:

  1. Great! Who is the athlete in the pic?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how it keeps burning through the wind and all! Anyway, its a good opportunity to click photos. I too wonder who the athlete is.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) and now we get to see it toooo


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! It's truly a momentous occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is something worth seeing. Great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey is this near Matalan??

    Have added my photos too. Btw, did you check out the programme for the Book Festival in August? Some really good authors.

    ReplyDelete