Tuesday 27 March 2012

Colors of Mediterranean!

I was fond of Mediterranean Sea ever since I heard that word - probably during my 5th or 6th Geography class.  But back then, I only was fascinated with its name and pronunciation.  I saw the real beauty of Mediterranean first when I went to Spain.  Ever since, the love for this sea never stopped growing.  I then started to hit the countries that specifically lie along the Med coast - Turkey and Malta.  I don't know what fascinates me. May be because of their turquoise color which I love the most.  But they are gorgeous, grand, glossy and glamorous - undoubtedly!


The way water gushes through them with their turqoise color is something I've seen only in Colgate Aquafresh advertisement.  I can keep speaking about the beauty of this color and the Mediterranean Sea, but the pictures speak for itself. 

 Luckily, the countries that share Mediterranean coast has lovely weather conditions and they are easily accessible from anywhere in Europe.  


All these 3 pictures are taken at Malta which is the one of the beautiful island situated precisely in the centre of Mediterranean Sea.   


24 comments:

  1. I was fascinated with 'dead sea' because people could float on it, it seems! :) The colour of the water does look blue and rich. I wonder how you would have managed if there was no European Union. You might have had to apply for separate visa's for each country!

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..I've heard that too. It's due to is salinity and density they say! How cool that would be to float on water! And true, if there's no Schengen - things are different. The frequency of travel would be much less in that case!

      Delete
  2. Mindblowing…………..
    bangalorewithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures, such lucid blue:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's height of awesomeness even in winter! Summer should be crowded but amazing!

      Delete
  5. BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL picturessssssssssssssssssssssssss the water so blueeeeeeeee

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Malta is on my places to visit ever since I saw the 'Hosanna' song from VTV :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha.. Vinnaithandi Varuvaya was the one that induced me to visit Malta - for Hosanna and Omana Penne songs! I saw all the places they showed in those songs! It's a pretty country!

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Spain :)
    Lovely pictures. Have I ever told you that I love your profile picture too? Cause I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Philo! Spain has so much to offer other than the Medi Coast. They have amazing culture, music and architecture!

      Delete
    2. And thanks for liking my profile pic Philo :)

      Delete
  8. Love the blue color, so pristine and alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice. Blue boat complements blue water very well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Malta is a fascinating place, do share some more clicks if you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should check out Cyprus...its an island country in the mediterranean :).
    I can totally relate to your obsession to this blue color !

    ReplyDelete