Thursday 12 August 2010

In need for multi-tasking!

For sometime nowadays, I have obscure problems in managing a few tasks mutually. My leisure pursuit is getting pretty ample that it is creating a lot of conflicts – within self, within the interests and with life!

Lemme make it straightforward.

I wanted to spend my ideal free time as below

MFT = h(B+FR+FB),

where
MFT  -----My free time
B     ----- Blogging
FR    -----Flickr
FB   -----Facebook
h     -----of course ”hours”

But I end up spending the time as MFT = h(B+4FR+4FB)

This is a serious concern for my blogging life. Ain't that??

This apart, analyzing the reasons for this,it could be:-

1. Overwhelming response in one of the activity
2. Interest in FR supersede B
3. The peer pressure I face in FR, and in FB
4. Writer’s block
5. Lack of skills to multi-task
6. Or whatsoever



Wish I had 8 hands like Octopus, so that I can do multitude of things at one time! 
- I can talk on phone
- Access to laptop
- prepare food
- drink water
- wash vessels
- comb my hair
- read a book
- and what not!

OK! To the point! To solve this problem, I need to learn a lot more of multi-tasking, setting priorities, and to have strict time management. Although I am good at all these at a professional work environment, but struggling hard to make it at home!

To enforce that, I am planning to follow something like

MFT = h{[1(B+FB) + 1FR]}, or  MFT = h{[1(B+FR) + 1FV]} or 

MFT = h{[0.5(FR+FB)+1B]}. 

With all these options, I find multi-tasking being easier with FV & FB, because B needs a lot of time to think, to write, to read others‘ and to comment!

So, finally, I am choosing the 3rd option, and making my move towards this initiative!

6 comments:

  1. Anu, Are you a Major in mathematics? The way in which you have defined (mathematically), analyzed and then finally solved! Wow!! I wonder how it is going to look like if you are going to try solving 'writers block' in the same way!! I cant wait to see that!! ..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anu!

    wish i cud see u face in the profile pic, its shadowy so :(

    sweet post! I know FB and blogging can be so addictive. even i am dealing with it, have got addicted to blogging ( said that in my post too). so lets c! but its fun.

    what do u do on flickr? am tech handicap! on that.

    about bharat chandran's comment - yes girl u gotta be a maths freak to solve the trouble like that!

    but really sweet post!

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bharat - That's a flattering superlative comment! you know i'm not a major in Math...ellam oru flow dhan :)

    @ Restless - same dear..i wish to see you too! BTW, Flickr is a photography networking site..

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet post...but math can make many run for miles and you seem to be handling it like child's play....A lot of things on the internet are addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved and laughed at all the calculations....seriously, you spent so much time to devise these formula !!!! ;)

    Which ever one u follow, keep posting...

    U post pics on Flickr ??? Give a link to urs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jaish - ya, and I'm the first to get addicted to them!

    @ Uma - I spent hardly 10 minutes to type them. The idea just came to my mind, and i immediately posted it!
    BTW, you can find the link to my flickr in my blog (right side widget)

    ReplyDelete