Friday 2 July 2010

Reconnecting with Paati

Ever since my childhood, I wanted to have Paati (Grandma) in my home, and with an extensive competition from my cousins, I couldn’t succeed, as they were in CBE (Coimbatore), and I was in Chennai. Last few years saw paati moving out of CBE and travelling to one of her daughter's house every sometime. And now it’s our turn. Regrettably, for now, I am not blessed to be with her :(


But, I am connecting with her everyday through skype, talking for almost 2-3 hours. She tells me about everything. About her childhood, how she got married at the age of 12 wearing a pattu pavadai, being in a huge joint family, travelling to temples and places that time, her schools and so many things. She tells me about all the rest of her grand children that “she did this when she was so young”, “he does that so well”, and I could see a great proud in her face. She even recites me some stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata that I never heard of.

She asks me so many questions that even my mom never asked me! She wants me to tell her about the country, europe, cost of living here, transport, politics, food, clothes, girls, mountains, rivers, and endless anything.

And now I see my days are running faster and more refreshing that ever. I am enjoying this, and the moments I am spending with her, seeing her talking, giving expressions, smiles, small frowns. To me, she’s divine. I feel glad and blessed, to bond with her again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear vaish! thank u so much for visiting my blog. i am so glad u liked my post about dream job!

    I liked ur self profile, very well written. and this post is somewhat unusual these days. No one has time and inclination to talk or visit their grandparents. Its nice to c there are ppl like u too!

    Restless

    http://myworldmyperception.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Restless, thanks ya! Yes. Talking with my grandma is making me feel more and more happier. Until today, I don't miss a single day to contact her through video chat, and I am truly loving it!

    ReplyDelete