Tuesday 24 January 2012

Ten on Tuesday - 7

10 on tuesday's special - My faourite 10 songs from 2011 (English all genres)


Last year has been a great year to music - whatever be the language!  Particularly in English, there's been beautiful numbers scored 
that just completely hooked me!  I got addicted and obsessed to some of these songs!  Some songs just took me back to somewhere enjoying my solitude,while others kindled me to stand up and tap foot!

There goes the 10 favourite songs from 2011 - Although they are not in any particular order!   I can't go through the stress of deciding which is the top most favourite song! Oh please!

On the Floor - J Lopez ft Pitbull 
To me, JLO is a music goddess!  Such a gifted voice she has.  And let alone her dancing and elegance and at par sexy moves!  She dances like a total party animal in the song!  And that jet fast lyrics by Pitbull!!  

Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
A true anthem to the party goers!  This is one of that songs that makes you tap foot!  

We found Love - Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris
Comparing with Rihanna's previous songs, this is nothing.  It's catchy or rather Rihanna tried to make it look catchy by uttering those hook lines "we found love in a hopeless place" a million times in the song!  But that worked out for doped duo!

Born this way and I'm on the edge - Lady Gaga 
There's nothing that can stop Gaga and her imagination!  I like "Born this Way" song for its lyrics and the message the song carries!  But I've always found Gaga trying to imitate Madonna a lot!  Do you agree?

Rolling in the deep - Adele
Adele's soul stirring and authoritative vocals, the feel of the song, thumping background and those lyrics are at its best in this song!  I started liking this song lately, but now it's one of the songs that I listen atleast once everyday!  

The one that got away and TGIF and ET - Katy Perry
The one that got away is a soft romantic song with tragic video (be it the actual video or seeing KPerry with poor aging make up).  But that apart I like this song! And TGIF and ET had already hit everyone's house - so needs no explanation.

Give me everything - Pitbull Feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer
This is a great year for Pitbull.  All his songs have hit billboard 100.  His quick rhymy lyrics moulds well into the song.  

Mr.Saxobeat - Alexandra Stan 
A high tempo Euro dance song will never fail to strike chord with your music taste!  And this is such perfect example.  And Alexandra's voice is so catchy.

Without You - David Guetta Feat. Usher 
Guetta uses Usher really well in this song. Not anything unusual about the song, but feels good to listen. 

Super Bass - Nicki Minaj and Charlene Soraia's Wherever you go
I had to bring 2 songs here, just did not want to miss one for another.  
That's the only song I've heard of Nicki.  But it's very appealing.  Her super rapid rap, kind of electronic feel in the song and the chorus is what made me like this song. And Charlene Soraia is a great find.  This song Wherever you go was used for Twilings tea ad in UK.  Such mesmerizing soothing song!  

And as you see, this year's top albums are from women power! Clear winners!  

12 comments:

  1. I have heard only 3-4 songs in this list. So, there are more to listen now :) Judas (Lady Gaga), not there? You could have included the Friday song (Rebecca Black) too :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You listen to the remaining songs too DI. They're beautiful..
      Oh..I totally forgot Judas. Yeah..Love the song for Gaga's voice!

      Delete
  2. I dont know what world i live in , I have not heard any of the songsss :(

    although JLO is indeed blessed

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try listening to 1 or 2 songs in youtube Bikk...You will start listening to them again and again :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard most of these songs too. I guess I am out of touch :)>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's never out of touch concept for music Rachna. Just use youtube and try to catch up with a couple of songs. I'm sure you will like them.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I love most of the songs that u have listed here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like most of the songs that's mentioned here Ria! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. thats an awesome song list!! :-) Now.. I have a huge smile on my face..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they're your favourites too!! And thanks for visitig my blog Patricia!

      Delete