Friday 10 September 2010

Hijacked from real life

Alright! Now the happy news is that I have stopped playing Farmville for almost 2 weeks now! And I feel great :) (although I miss it little)

You know right? I had been residing too long into the virtual world (of farming, cafĂ©’ing, and blogging), and sadly have paid no attention to the real world. I had become a slave to this world should I say – each week thinking that I should take charge of my time and change it. It was a bit like my diet planning which never happened :)
But now, I made efforts to change it! Hurray!!
 
Image Courtesy: Google

I got a dream sometime back that a plane in which I was travelling was being hijacked, and how I, along with other passengers struggle and plan to get way out of that.Yes..such an adventurous dream it was! 

The word hijack is rather very strong but true - that I have been hijacked from my real life. I have written enough about my idleness quotient in this space (although more optimistically, and humorously), but I know the pain! I couldn’t come out of the ordeal. And so took the virtual world as my sword, a hope to get back enlightenment into life. Of course, it did. But caused other side-effect...made me a little less to what you call Addiction!

I know how important a WORK-LIFE Balance should be. While so many long for personal time and keep saying “I need space”, I had enough of that. Over this last few weeks, I have been strictly restricting my internet activities to only 1 hour or max 1.5 hours. And I am still struggling to catch up with old mails, status messages, blog posts, comments etc!  Weekend is here, and I thought I can relax a bit on this!  Lad..that isn't a bad idea!

6 comments:

  1. Its good to take control - after all, we need a life out of this blogo space too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anu, tell me one thing.. Does it really matter where you are when you are alone? Dont you feel that the hours that you spent in this virtual world might have given you enough time to put your real life batteries for charging - and when you get back to the real world you have double the energy? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...absolutely. It doesn't matter where you are when you are alone!! But what if the batteries are getting overcharged for hours and days! It could burst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too much of anything is not good :-)

    ReplyDelete