Wednesday 22 September 2010

Free accommodation to Mr.Stuart


When you hear a plastic-bag-crushing sound often, what is the conclusion you jump into?

I did presume the same! HD was skeptical about it, and swayed me! 

2 days before, I spotted it near the washing machine!  Just the size of an index finger, I saw that black thing called mouse. 

Musophobia hit me!  

That was the end! End of any activity, any movement!

Noiselessly, I took a rapid direct flight and reached for the chair! Hours went by! 

From 5 till 7’ish, I unchanged my pose, never! Not even letting my legs touch the floor, until I heard the door bell.

HD was back, and I did not prepare anything for the dinner until then!   

I cribbed a little about what I saw, and jumped at his back like Vedhalam. 

Instructions here you go!
Put this.  pour water. Add little chilli powder.  Why are you dumping so much of salt?

I realized my butt was screaming in agony, so I came out of the kitchen, seized the chair and stood on top of it. Continued my instructions to deary!  

Cruel me!

Punishment to HD for being so skeptical about my thoughts!  

Now how do I prove him?   
Mokka (Useless) ideas hit me for the next hour until a Tenali Raman idea struck me!

I ran to the house entrance to wear my shoes (entering the terrorist area require all these stunts), scattered a few pieces of cucumber and chips in the kitchen, made sure rest of the rooms were closed, and went to bed. Better way to prove HD!  I even thought of fixing a handy cam on top of the shelf :)

Next morning, to HD’s surprise, there was no trace of chips and cucumber. 

HD calling me on top of his voice! “Yendi chips and cucumber sapta? Unakku pasinnu sonna, naan soru potturuppen la.  Adhukaaga, raathiri thiruttu thanama vandhu, ippadiya sapduva?? Che che che” (why did you eat those chips and cucumber? If you told me, I'd have fed you.  Why are you stealing them in the night like this?? Disgrace!)

Shut up (in literal Tamil) Stop your Mokka joke!” “Now  ...Now you believe it!I told.

And we are continuing to feed the mouse with cucumber and chips everyday now!

14 comments:

  1. haaaaa haaaaaaa. I can relate I am terrified of mice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its total LOL !!! OMG !!!

    You can keep some rat medicine, na ??? Or call the pest control services ??? Or u in India ??? Godrej services are good. :)

    I am terrified of lizards...its eeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ruchi & Ramesh!

    @ Uma - No darling! If I was in India, I have 1000 options! Alas :(
    I'm scared of Lizards and cockroaches...eeeeeekkkks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that was one super hilarious post...and you guys are still feeding the little mouse yummy delights :)
    Check out what all I had done when I'd been attacked by a mouse :
    http://dialoguewithyou.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/mouse-menace-2/

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes CB...today also I kept a piece of Cucumber for it :)
    But I got a mouse trap. we are yet to trap it!!! Waiting for the grand day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kadavalle A Mouse and you are feeding it daily?? Where is that extremely shocked smiley when you need one? No offence to the PETA people, but am dead scared of anything that crawls on four legs!!!

    That was a hilarious account. But tell me the place you live don't they have people who are not scared of mouse and will rush to help a damsel in screaming distress?

    Ps: Your husband is a great detective :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your amazing pics on Flickr. Couldn't comment as My Flickr account as kicked me out due to some weird reasons :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizards!!!! Eeerriee! I am afraid of them like hell.
    You write very nicely, I loved your blog :)
    Keep blogging!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Saks - *blush blush* @ your comment "on helping a damsel" :)
    But then, sobs @ your PS :(
    You know what saks..My husband was about to take his share of food that night, but was disappointed to see it disappear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Tanvi..am glad you liked it! Keep visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading the topic, it's something on politics. You naughty girl.....what a naughty post!!!

    -Nandhini
    http://pagesfromserendipity.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahahahahahahahaha.
    I was discussing a similar incident involving me and spiders to a dear friend, who shared a similar incident involving her and a cockroach :D
    Guess there are all kinds of "us" :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nandhu - thanks for visiting my blog dear!

    @ Priya - ha ha! I have similar such incidents with cockroaches and lizards too :)

    ReplyDelete