Wednesday 25 August 2010

A week full of celebrations

-->
Did you realize that there were unbroken festival and celebrations happening starting from last week!!  Isn't that great!  OK...lemme give some work to my memory!!


20th Aug: Varalakshmi Nombu

21st Aug : My parents wedding day, which again, I missed being with them. 

22nd Aug: Madras Day, celebrating its 371st birthday! It’s definitely a proud moment for any chennaiite. Isn’t it? Cheers to Madrasapattinam. 

23rd Aug: Onam Festival.  I really missed being at Chennai. I remember the Pookalam and tug of war competitions that we used to conduct at the HCL offices. Such days are often unproductive for most of us, because we are very busy organising the functions.

24th Aug: Rakshabandhan and Avani Avattam

25th Aug: Gayathri Jabam.


Whoa!! These festivals stimulated my nostalgia to great heights that I was reminiscing about the past all this week, and damn, I miss Chennai so much!!
For those who are not able to understand these festival names, please Google it.  I'm tired of copying the link!

8 comments:

  1. Never mind. Next time u will be celebrating all these festivals with ur relatives and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vaish! i can sense the joy in your words. sometimes, being away from ur land makes u love these festivals more! right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ restless - partially right :) But I do eagerly wait for some of the real grand festivals irrespective of where I am

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nice post ya..also, nanri ya..4 yr kind words..me too taking consolation from the fact that daughhter was safe though she lostt laptop...take care friend..wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even in our office tug-of-war, uriadi and pookalam competitions were conducted for Onam :) :)

    And yeah.. there are many festivals came and lot more to come :D :D

    August to November 1st week is the best period in Indian calendar :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Family Drug Education is very important to the whole family.







    Laptop Stores in Anna Nagar

    ReplyDelete