Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas time

Christmas season to me means having homemade plum cakes, christmas carols in the city, counting the number of christmas stars in my neighbourhood  and most importantly playing chris mom-chris child.
 

The first time I encountered with this game "Chris mom-Chris child" was during my schooldays, though we were not allowed to play this inside the school.

About the game: For those who are not aware of this:
We write all the participants name in small pieces of paper, shuffle them and put them in the pouch or a huge bowl. Everyone is asked to take their piece of paper. Open the chit and you find the name of your Chris child, and you become their Chris mom/paa (depending on your gender). The Chris mom doesn’t reveal the identity until the eve of Christmas, sends gifts and chocolates, and makes some orders/requests to be fulfilled by the child. The child should accept the gift and obey the orders. The day before the Christmas, the identities are revealed, mom/paa and child exchange gifts with eachother.

Only a few times I’ve played this game, but they were the best remembered ones, especially the one we played during my graduation.  None of my classmates can forget the troubles I gave for my Chris child in the name of game.

It was the first and last time I got my best friend as my Chris child. So, I took it completely for granted. Devika is her name, and she must revenge me anytime for this. I made her run, roam, do the most embarrassing things, the most funniest ones just being so close to her. I made her hunt through the class to look for my orders and presents. Have made her bray like a donkey, made her wear stupid combination of colour clothes (the Ramarajan ishyle ones), to run through the whole corridor, to ask stupid silly questions during the class lecture.

She comes and complains to me about her Chris Mom, and she had not even a single clue that it could be me. On the last day of the game, I asked her to wear a light green dress, and told her that her Chris Mom is also wearing the same shade in a darker version. So, I was wearing a dark bottle green outfit. She searched every single classmate who was wearing dark green dress, but it completely skipped off her mind that I was also wearing the same colour dress. And finally, when she realised that I was her Chris mom, her expressions were just priceless. I got hauled over the coals by her for few minutes, and then she embraced me. 

I've been a good mom too except the above case, sending my child as many gifts and chocolates as possible.  Same way, I've got the best mom most of the time and she used to send me roses, chocolates, cute dolls, pretty anklets, earrings, bracelets, candle stands, flower vase, etc. Good 'ol days.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

2 comments: