Monday 2 March 2009

All play and no work makes Jill a dull girl :(

Yes. I had quit from HCL last March 3rd. And I have successfully completed 1 year as a Vetti Officer. It is the toughest decision in my career front. But still, I did it with a lot of confidence (or over confidence?? *sigh*) that I will definitely get a job in that non-English speaking country.


I love everything about Zurich – its lifestyle, the work-life balance, the climate, the people, the clean atmosphere, the romantic mountains and lakes – Everything. But I truly had an aversion to learn that F-O-R-E-I-G-N Language - - - Deutsch; Oh not just Deutsch – u should know Schweizer-deutsch. I just learnt it for the mere survival. Let’s talk about the difficulties and my early aversions about the language in a different post. Now back to the vettiness.

The only part of my life that really sucks is being alone and vetti at home. The vettiness quotient (VQ) is very high for the last 1 year. What did I do all this 365 days to while away my time??? To be very honest, being at home as Vetti Officer did lots of not-so-good things in my life.

Earlier ---------------------------->Now
I don’t want to be alone----->I am alone most of the day
I hate going to kitchen ------> I spend 3-4 hours in kitchen everyday
My thought process was good-------->I don’t think these days!!!
I was continuously keeping busy----->I am always free
I see ways for improvisation---------->I hardly improvise
I was active-------------------->I’ve become a lazy pig!
I eat less & work more----->I work less & eat more!(courtesy: swiss chockys)
I walk a lot (at work)-------------->I hardly walk

I had lots of hobbies----------->what are those??
I hate sitting in front of laptopfor more than 2 hours----->I spend most of the day sitting in
front of a laptop

I know that I am the reason for what I am today. I mean, I need not necessarily waste time in front of a laptop whole day. I can definitely continue to think and improvise things around me. But, I am not able to do them at home. I need a job. I want to attend those endless meetings and confusions in resource allocations, work with difficult targets and deadlines, difficult times in handling emotional employees, solve the work place and team conflicts, face the hard time appraisals and post appraisal concerns, campaign for new OD interventions, and lot more. I miss working. I miss working at HCL....


Today, I feel defeated. I feel I am losing my confidence level. But I’ve not lost my perseverance. The fire is still burning in me to find the right job here. The desire and determination will definitely lead me towards my dream. And soon...
I will write a blog saying –“Aathaa, Enakku Velai Kedaichiduchu!!!!!”

1 comment:

  1. Anu, I need to appreciate your time spend on writing this. :-) And after reading this post it would be obvious to anyone that 'The fire inside you' is still very much ON ! All the bests for your job hunt..

    ReplyDelete