Tuesday 3 July 2012

How I wrote my first 55er



I am like this boy statue today - drowned in my own thoughts, staring at the laptop and not knowing what to write.  I feel home sick today, missing my family and friends, indian street food, temples, driving my 2 wheeler - everything.  Anyways instead of boring you with my own stories, I'll share my first 55er.  I am inspired by blog dosts like Shilpa, CBDee, Philo, Jaish who could write amazing 55ers and short stories. 

I am not a great story teller.  You would have deciphered it by now.  I have participated in a couple of blog contests which turned out to be a flop show! Spinning the story by talking comes much more naturally for me than penning them down.  And restricting it to mere 55 words is a real challenge. 55000 words seemed much more easier.  I've written a lot of 55000ers during university exams!  Much effortlessly!  

Anyways, I was up for this 55 word challenge! But sooner, I ran out of vocabulary, searched for words everywhere. When I was satisfied with the vocabs, I realised I had too many words.  I counted, re-counted manually to make sure it's only 55 words!  And here it goes - my first 55er.  

*****************************************************************************
A miniscule happiness hidden inside the indescribable agony that surpassed through every vein of her body – a virus attack!  She looked at the mirror and silently said,  “To get this extra pampering and love from my husband, I don’t mind getting sick a 100 other times”.  She smiled. He cuddled her tightly from the back. 
******************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. It's true isn't it? It's easy to write long-winding essays. But it's difficult to write the same thing shorter & crisper. But it comes with experience though. Good 55-er.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy to write long ones...yeah..Thanks DI!

      Delete
  2. Interesting post and I love that boy! Pardon my ignorance, what is a 55-er? Per my commonsense I am thinking some short story using only 55 words?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to not mention about them Kusum. Yes...55er is a fiction written with 55 words only. And another gender blunder! It's a girl actually :)

      Delete
  3. Arre waah! Not bad for the first attempt! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. same question as Kusum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning me in your post .:) Feels good :D

    And your 55 is pretty good Vaish and I know it feels awesome to get sick and then pampered :D

    ReplyDelete