Sunday 1 July 2012

Cruising through Loch Lomond

Loch in Scottish means Lake.  Loch Lomond is one of the largest fresh water lake in Britain.  Many islands are included in this loch, including one of the largest fresh water island - Inchmurrin.  Loch Lomond is a popular tourist destination, pretty close to Glasgow and Stirling, and about 55 miles from Edinburgh.   


Now part of Loch Lomond and Trossach national Park, these are one of the picturesque places with umpteen water sports activities like kayaking ,jetskiing, canoeing, speedboats etc. We can even do picnic, BBQ, fishing. There are some of the largest golf courses along the shores.   





There are boat cruises available from the shores, showing you some of the beautiful mountains with trossachs mountain as backdrop, passing through various country clubs and summer houses and castles.  This is one such shot taken during my cruise.

There are different cruises - sunset cruise, island cruise, and some other cruises.  View of the cruise and mountain ranges from the rear mirror of my boat.  
I love boat cruises, and cannot get tired of no matter how many ever cruises I made.  I make sure I take at least 1 such cruise in every city I visit.  Quite contrary to that, S likes to sleep on these cruises.  As soon as the chill breeze hits his face, he yawns and sleeps in the next 10 minutes.  Do you enjoy boat cruises?  

17 comments:

  1. Yeah! when I visited Scotland I had difficulty in pronouncing Loch the way they do. L-Lomond is a beautiful place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...they give the stress to ch the way germans give it!

      Delete
  2. Lotta Lochs there huh. Have you visited Loch Ness and sighted the monster yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many lochs there...I have visited Loch ness, but haven't got a chance to see the nessie monster :(

      Delete
  3. Wow.... thanks for this post! I am going there end of this month / early next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Ash...Have a great time there...Do let me know when you come. We can have a small blogger's meet here :)

      Delete
  4. Enjoying a boat cruise depends on what's around the lake/river. It's the scenery that makes a cruise attractive, cruise itself is like going in a bus.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly DI. But I think all boat cruises will have a natural scenery around them...with trees, mountain, flowing river/ lake..

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to come to this place for a long long time but somehow always ended up staying at different places.
    beautiful pictures .. so did you manage to capture Nessie :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Bikk. You are postponing your trip to visit us here!! I've captured Nessie only in the form of Souvenir unfortunately :(

      Delete
  6. I love boat cruises! And this places seems to be so very beautiful to take one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful place...

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks divine! I can't wait to finally venture across the pond for some sightseeing. England, France and Ireland have been on my mind lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah..they all are beautiful with abundant natural scenery!

      Delete