Monday 25 June 2012

Landscape along the road

Travelling gives us the option of gazing through various kind of landscapes - mountains, fields, sea, lake, tall buildings.  I love ogling through the window to see the lovely nature.  Sometimes, I find it difficult to choose which side of the window to see, because I encounter 2 different kinds of landscapes.  While travelling in train, I would always be jealous of the one who sits on the other side of the window, and keep staring at their side, because the scenery looks better on that side!



And for some reason, when I drive the car, I cannot enjoy the scenery to the utmost.  I never wanted to lose out on my concentration.  But over years, I 've learnt to admire them even while driving. But I still prefer sitting alongside or at the back than as a driver. 

Driving in European country roads are so much fun for these reason- you don't know which side to see and enjoy.  And one of the most common sights are these rapeseed fields. Basking under the sun, the yellow carpet seems such a grandeur. They are so eye captivating scene that you hunt for your camera hidden inside your handbag and take so many pictures of these beautiful fields. To be able to see them or go inside the farm, you should be travelling along the country side. That's the easiest access. 


Panoramic picture of these fields

That's how we stopped our car in the parkway, and walked all the way on the narrow stretch of road to see these beautiful rapeseed field.  The landscape was so mesmerizing. Whenever I see these yellow fields, all that comes to my mind is "Thuje dekha tho..." song.  Ofcourse they are mustard fields from our own Punjab. Both these flowers belong to same family.  So why bother. 

Are you able to relate these fields to DDLJ? I'm sure 9/10 people would do!  

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I did get reminded of that song and Lo! you had mentioned the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Not till you connected both of them :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, i just love these expanses of bright sunshine yellow ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes , we relate to that song:-)
    Lovely photographs. Makes me cheerful.
    Thanks.

    http://www.dreamspaces.blogspot.in
    http://www.gardnerat60.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! you said it right. So I let someone else do the driving :P

    Its really important not to miss in the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous golden yellow :)
    I was reminded of the DDLJ song :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect...reminded definitely of DDLJ's hit number.

    ReplyDelete