Sunday 13 May 2012

Unknown Beauty


I saw this beauty in Botanic Garden, but missed to note down its name..and I regret so much.  It looked like jasmine flower and I clicked it after being attracted by them.  Came back home and out of 100 odd flowers, this one attracted me a lot!  Couldn't find its name.  There is a picture-flower database that I browsed through for about 2 hours checking through each and every picture.  That was utter failure.  

I thought they were some kind of Lupine variety, but these were not conical and they were kind of flowing from top towards earth like curtains.  Being so unsuccessful in deciphering this beauty's name, I posted it in flickr for my friends to identiy.  No success there, but I got a lot of suggestions from them.  Following which, I posted it in a group called "ID Please" - a kind of forum for identifying any flower, plant, bird, animal etc.  I have not got any result from them yet.  I was so fed up after constant failures!   

Now, I am using my last weapon  of presenting it to you!!If there's any botony enthusiasts, please help me identify this flower... Whoever identifies this shall be crowned with "Flora expert award"!!

Edited on 16/05/12 to add:

Guess what?  Got these flower's name. These are Pieris japonica "white cascade" flowers :)

14 comments:

  1. This looks like malli poo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the first thought came to me..but this wasn't giving that fragrance!

      Delete
  2. Philadelphus coronarius is a deciduous shrub with light green leaves and arching stems which bear a profusion of wonderfully fragrant white flowers. Its common name is Mock Orange... is what I got after surfing to figure out its name... Check the possibility...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi VST, this is not Philadelphus. I have a picture of Philadelphus..this was more like flowing from top to bottom types...

      Delete
  3. Awww, I have seen them but, I don't know the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "WHITE FLOWER".. do i win the award :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malliose might be the scientific name. Just check :P

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  6. na no clue ...do let me know if you are able to find out would love to grow them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dont know the name but they look simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you are so much dedicated!! I would never make so much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is probably called " PIERIS JAPONICA " aka lily-of-the-valley bush, Japanese andromeda, Japanese pieris.

    ReplyDelete