Wednesday 4 April 2012

Bit of everything

Now that I've missed writing for 2 consecutive days, I couldn't give myself any more excuses.  I wanted to write, have so many things to post but there's just so little time for me these days.  I don't know, something is just keeping me really busy. Yesterday I was occupied with work till 1.00pm, and I just could not bother to post anything.  


Over the weekend, I saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  It's a story of 7 retired Brits whose financial/personal circumstances bring to come to India to stay in a hotel which looked picture perfect only on paper and net.  All they see and experience there is far cry from the land of luxury - Dusty rooms, broken chair, telephone that's not working, rooms where a group of birds live and on top of this, a young over ambitious hotel owner (Dev Patel).  But from being paranoid to cynical to narrow minded,  these 7 people starts liking the place and culture.  It's a simple, breezy story, with amazing performances by the veteran Brit actors and stunning cinematography!  I can just keep talking about the onscreen camera work - so vivid, lively, colorful and beautiful India! But still it's an English movie about India - so I felt the Indian life as shown in the movie as a bit stereotyped.  And there are traces of Slumdog romances in the movie.  Overall loved the acting, story line and colorful onscreen presence of everything.  

Today I happened to see 5 different kinds of weather - Rain, wind, snow, hailstorm and sunshine.  If the weather god is so cruel like this, how can I decide what to wear for work?  I mean the weather was gorgeous over the last few days with 20 degrees sunshine and today it dropped to 2 degrees and it snowed.  Of course the Meteorologist did a sincere job and they predicted correctly.  But who would believe if they predict 100 times wrongly and 2 times correctly.  I wear warm (double layered + a jacket) clothes thinking it's going to be cold.  I go to office and find it really warm.  So I decide to wear light clothes the next day, and it'll be freezing.  I hate this erratic weather.  Sometimes I wonder if global warming has anything to do with this, or is this really the end of Mayan Calender?  

Whatsoever it is, I am looking forward for a nice long weekend with friends.  

6 comments:

  1. I think I will watch the Dev Patel movie! I didn't like Slum dog, though.

    Our Chennai weather is worsening now. It is hot since 7 in the morning....sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh we all are looking forward to the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the theme of the movie. I would love to watch it. Actually we wear that double layered jacket if it is 20 degrees cold here :) which comes rarely anyway.

    Destination Infinity

    PS: Working for long hours is good for the mind :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow in April? That is so cool:)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely post...You have a wonderful blog.Glad to follow you dear. Do visit my blog in your free time
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    ReplyDelete