Tuesday 24 April 2012

Angst of a wannabe writer

That's a total of 13 days I skipped off till date in my Project 366 and I did not even make an effort to login blogger for the last 3 days.  What a progress am I making!  


Life is changed so much even before I took notice of it and I am tired of making complaints "I don't have time".  Possibly an aging syndrome, older people are not as good at managing time effectively like the young people - not because of their capabilities, but for the responsibilities they have! Who knows!  Am I sensing that now? 

Doing Project 366 is much more difficult than I imagined in my farthest dreams.  Not that I want to quit this, but I'm not able to continue either.

I've been ruminating about this topic all the time these days like thenji-pona-record (a record that's struct and keeps repeating the same words), but there isn't any possible solution I could deploy.   


One thing I cannot fathom is - Is it just women who ruminate always? Men does not seem to complain about anything.  Do they see things are fine?  Do they even take notice of the changes? Is their mind prepared to accept this fact and move on? Uuurrrrghhhhh! Happy people named MEN are from Mars...what to do! 

Do I conclude that my motivation to write is slowly detoriating? I can't accept it though, because I want to write.   But it does annoy me to see my blog filled with a lot of pictures of a self proclaimed photographer - not that of a wannabe writer! 
How do I avoid it? Still wondering if I need to post the pictures!  

17 comments:

  1. hmmmm well all i will say is all the best .. it happens i guess other things take priority sometimes..

    dont worry too much :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not worried a lot, but feel bad for not being able to write!

      Delete
  2. Men are not essentially happy. They just hide their worries/problems and don't want to complain about them. We are afraid of admitting them, that's all. Otherwise, men have their giant share of failures as well.

    Something that prevents us from writing is lack of topics. Sit for a couple of hours and brainstorm some topics to write (which you are passionate about) and record them in a note book. When you want to write, you can just refer to it and pick one topic. This has worked for me, but I am more of a spontaneous writer. I prefer topics to come to me! Both happens.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!
      I have lots to write, but there's just less time, that made me feel awful DI. But I knew that's just one of the days. I will brainstorm first!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are worth looking at :) Change affects everyone. The way they react is different :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good photographer and travel writer, Vaish. Only on some days we lack the spirit of writing. You are doing good. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw..thank you Sandhya! Yeah...it just gets a bit more if I had to post everyday. But I decided that i don't want to quit this project 366..so will just continue :)

      Delete
  5. Suggest u take some good rest and i tell u blog is some thing we do for pleasure..so think coolll and post what u want to take ur time and let the colouful wings fly again but after having a good break..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kala! Very true...but I will not take any blog break for now :)

      Delete
  6. Writing every day can be challenging but then nothing is impossible too. As DI suggested, make a list of posts you wanna do, and you may write 2-3 posts in a day too whenever you are at your creative best and then schedule them. And we love your picture posts too! So go ahead and post them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa! That's what I tried earlier and it worked well. But just felt that the blog is looking with too many pictures!

      Delete
  7. Writing every day is too difficult. I cannot do it, so kudos to you for doing it so far. Writing for me is a pleasure where I let my imagination take wings. Since I do professional writing as well, I guess I am writing every day :). Cheer up, happens to the best of us!

    http://rachnaparmar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachna for those encouraging words!

      Delete
  8. Your on my British Asian Blog List - please help promote this idea and recommend me to other British Asian bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! 365 project is harder than it looks! Takes a whole year man!

    I can only say - all the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. To avoid such stress, I have never taken up a project or NaBloPoMo ever yet!

    ReplyDelete