Sunday 11 March 2012

Travel to Tollywood

I first heard this song early last year, and it became my instant favourite.  I normally don't become an instant fan of any songs except AR Rahman's composition or that of Music Maestro.  But this song is so euphonious that it gripped the first time itself.  I started listening to this song everyday.  The sound of subtle drum and that of the anklets is so harmonizing throughout the song.  

But least did I know about the visuals of this song then.  After a month or two, I was curious to see how the song is picturised and I was totally stupefied with the way this video has been done.  

Every frame of this song had that grandeur - the buildings that represent the then-era, costumes, the color scheme!  I don't understand the language, but this song is totally appealing.  There are some Tollywood'ish ingredient added to the song, for instant - the Hero zooming up in the air through the mud (that looks like a rocket), but that apart..well..I'll stop and let you see the video and enjoy the song.  But do see every single frame of this song!  



PS: If you are in real hurry or don't have any patience, view at 1.05, 1.32 and 2.40secs 

20 comments:

  1. The grand setting and the cinematography mentioned at the said secs are nice :) I liked the song as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great..See the full song when you have time :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely song and marvellous picturisation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Average song. There are much better songs in Telugu. Try listening to any song from a movie called 'Gulabi'.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hunt for Gulabi songs in youtube DI..

      Delete
  4. This song is a favourite of my 2 year old niece...every time this song comes up she has to stop whatever she is into and start singing.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gooooood!!
    I've also only heard the song, never bothered to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a real good song and you should watch the movie.. a very good one.. :) brilliant entertainer..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it..is that historic fiction? I should see them..but I can't understand :(

      Delete
  7. I just loveeeee this song :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous setting and beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the benefits of modern media is the use of the latest technologies has changed the speed of relaying information to different parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tollywood?? Bengali film industry is also called Tollywood (cuz it is based in Tollygunge)

    ReplyDelete