Saturday 11 February 2012

Portrait speaks

Another (boring) Saturday browsing through hard-disk photos!  I would soon be able to publish a future international best seller titled "100 things to do when husbands work on a weekend". I'm the queen of sarcasm today!


Came across a beautiful street painter's photo and realised how many such street painters I've seen in my European travel.  The answer is plenty!  
In a continent that always had great artists and painters in abundance, it is not unusual.  I've enjoyed the paintings of these street painters as much as I adored the Vincent Van Gogh or Picasso or anyone!  
Albeit having such a great talent, the street painter's life isn't a piece of cake.  They have to compete everyday with 100 other artists who sit on the same street and who is equally talented as him.  They totally rely on the tourists. And how much they earn or is that sufficient for their day-to-day living or what will they do during winter months are still questions for which I don't know the answer.  
But I must say, I've always stunned at the quickness and the precise with which these painters work.  In 10 minutes your beautiful caricature or pencil portrait gets done!    

In this picture the girl who poses looks more beautiful in the painting isn't it?  


Portrait painting and caricatures 

Here's one more live portrait painting captured!  

These are just a few of the 100's of pictures I took in each town/city or village!  I and S got one painted together in Paris.   It's a nice souvenir to carry with you along with the lovely memories you had in that particular city.  

13 comments:

  1. But isn't it nice to go to the memory lane everyone once in a while? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely Raaji! I love looking back at the pictures and revisit my memory lane!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful slice of this street sights. Well presented

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wish to get my portrait painted someday, have had the opportunity many times during my stay overseas but could never get it done :(
    It is indeed a beautiful souvenir :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is indeed a beautiful souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Rama! I'm sure you'd have had one :)

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to get my portrait made :) Or maybe have the talent to draw so well :)
    Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Portrait Painting


    Wonderful slice of this street sights.I love looking back at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just yesterday .. was talking to a friend about how luck is sometimes more important than talent :)

    ReplyDelete