Saturday 25 February 2012

Photography Gyan # 7 (General)

If you are serious about improving your photography skills, another basic thing you need to do is share your pictures. And don't expect people to write "beautiful, lovely" or relevant adjectives, but some really good critics on your photography.  I'm not a great photographer, but I aspire to become one. If you do want to, you need to open your pictures for comments and critics.


For this to happen, you need to interact with photographers.  It is not very difficult in this internet era to identify that like minded person who could share the time with you for the photo shoot.  Get indulged into a photo networking site like Flickr.  You will have a place to see the pictures that are framed differently - some artistically, some technically!

So many times during my early photography learning phase (just around 3 years back), I would just visit the flickr and go through 1000s of photos everyday.  Trust me here..it's so inspiring to see the insects and birds in closeup, people in portrait, or motion captures, or night shots.  
And today after spending so much time on photography, all I learnt is just minuscule.   I'm learning everyday.  These photo networking sites not only inspires you by seeing jaw dropping pictures, but gives others a chance to see what you got in store.  

There are some really nice folks who spend time in giving you the suggestions on how to improve your picture.  I've learnt them - how to work on sharpness, reduce the noise, how to frame, how to edit or post process a photo - plenty of these.  

I'm not promoting Flickr here.  I'm asking you to promote your picture to get better at it.  You can do it in any website.  There are even photo groups in facebook.  But consider this as the first step towards becoming a good photographer!

12 comments:

  1. I agree with u after getting inspired of this pics i also started see everything with camera eye..Will surely visit the site :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes..definitely Kala..Do visit flickr and get inspired :)

      Delete
  2. The best tip Lady! When I started photography; I would spend hours browsing Flickr snaps. You learn a lot; I do it even now; get lot of new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally agree insignia! We get ideas on different ways to experiment a shot. I've learnt loads from flickr!

      Delete
  3. I am sure many would find this helpful. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats one great place to get some real inspiration and learn. Great tip! Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right! There are some awesome photographs and photographers on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! Love seeing their pictures!

    ReplyDelete