Monday 9 January 2012

Some eye spoilers!

I'm getting addicted to what is called as Bokeh.


Wikipedia defines Bokeh as blur, or aesthetic quality of blur or out of focus areas of the image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.  Whatever Wiki says, this is the most beautiful thing I've learnt in photography till date.


There are day light and night light bokeh.  Albeit both being beautiful to eyes, I am obsessed with the night bokeh!  The colors and lights are uber attractive to me, that I took my camera and hunted for just bokeh shots one whole night.  And what better day than christmas eve, when the whole world is decorated with colorful lights!


These bokeh could be eye spoilers, could cause head ache, vision blur or illusion to anyone's eyes.  For that's how they look.  Check it out for yourself, but caution - go through each one of these pictures slowly.  

My first try on creating intentional bokeh started only after getting my Nikon Chitti at my house during Christmas season.  That's the small Christmas tree I had.

 To bring bokeh to perfection especially in the night shot, it took me almost 5 months after regular experimentation. This is one of those great shots I had with focus on polo and bokeh being created on the traffic signal and car lights.

And came christmas, I would always take my camera everywhere I go, to make sure I try out night bokeh shots.  This is one such crazy shot.


These are the Christmas lights on the tree on either sides that face London eye.

Strings of bokeh that's currently beautifying my header :)

taken in a street decorated with Christmas bells and stars and other lights.  

Taken at the ice skating ring.


A simple christmas tree 

Cute snow bear decorated with lights inside a shopping mall.

decorations in a random street.  

Trust me, you would definitely feel like visiting an Optometrist for a thorough eye check up ;) lol

14 comments:

  1. Loved the xmas lights on treee,skating ring sply snow bearrrrr good work Vaish

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take the picture and blur it out, is it? The second picture with the ring looks very good. This should be difficult, I guess!

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Simply loved all the clicks. :)
    Pls share some beginner's tips as to how to shoot pics with Bokeh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to teach me all thes tricks PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blurs are not exactly a treat for the eyes but u have made them look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kala - Thank you so much..Am glad you liked them.

    @ DI: ha ha..no while taking the picture itself I blur the background and take it! Are you not able to identify..that's polo :) And not really difficult if you've learnt it properly. I had no one to teach me, so it took 5 months for me to figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Shilpa - Thank you dear!
    I will definitely. That's why I posted these pictures. Coz I had no one to teach it back then,,thought the simple techniques will help anyone learn them and implement...will write a post soon :)

    @ Bikk - Will definitely..in the forthcoming posts :)

    @Alka - big compliments..thanks dear! But that's just the way they are, we have never seen them..I've tried to capture them for other's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. U know I looked at ur header and thought, wow! what's that?! so now i know it :)

    Loved the pics and the write up... grt! u have immense interest in photography. Keep it up. I liked the simple christmas tree pic and the header and the trees next of london eye pic...grt work Vaish!

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey RS - Thank you dear!! Yeah. I used to get awe struck when I used to see pictures like this. And it's nice to know that I can also take such pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now i know what Bokeh is tooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try them Bikk...You will get addicted to it!!

      Delete
  11. I loved all of these Bokeh clicks .. Would like to experiment some on this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashwini..try them..they're an amazing learning curve in photography!

      Delete
  12. If my images come out blurry I would normally discard them...Did not know that its an art by iteself :) Thanks for sharing! I was led here from your B for Bokeh :)

    ReplyDelete