Sunday 20 March 2011

3 years and still running strong!




He is a cricket fanatic; she nearly hates watching cricket for more than 30 minutes. 

He is patient; she is restless.

He is responsible; every bit of her is irresponsible…err…yes….to some extent….

He takes thoughtful decisions; she’s spontaneous.

He enjoys cooking; she hates that very word.  

She loves reading books, and can even shoo away the sleepy eyes when she reads.  For him, books are good sleeping pills.  The moment he sees the book or touch them, he will fall asleep.

She loves watching cartoon, animated movies, while he snores in the theatre (that too wearing a 3D glass!!)

She worship JK Rowling and Harry potter, while he asks who Hermoine is. 

She loves buying clothes, earring and other accessories, while he loves shopping for accessories for his mobile and laptop and ipad…

She is an impulsive shopper, while he stands behind her to let her not to choose unnecessary things :(

She always wants more clothes, handbags, and never satisfied even she has enviable collection of watches.  He is happy with what he has! 

She is completely immature, while he compensates for this.

She always make unrealistic dreams, while he makes those weird dreams come true.

She builds her castle in air, while he makes sure that castle has strong foundations!

She uses her camera to see the beautiful world, while he sees them thought her eyes!

I can keep writing pages and pages more about both of them and the contrasting taste they have.  But did you hear me saying that this contrast in them made a deep bonding!!  

yes...that day...that year!! (*Blush blush)...3 years had just flew away. It feels wonderful and looks like I’ve lived 1000 years with this man…But I want to live another 1000 more years as happy as these 3 years!
 
Every morning I wake up just to see him sleeping beside me;
And I sleep in the arms that I know will never leave me
I want to love him more and more everyday
Throughout my life, and
Grow old along with him!!

I’ve heard few of my friends saying that our career is lost after marriage, that we are just dumped into the world of responsibilities and house chores!  Well, I wouldn’t accept that!

I did all the housing chores, but that did not stop me from learning every day.  I took a 2 year willing break from work, and they were the best times I should say.  For outsider's eyes, I wasted 2 years by doing farming, planting seeds, feeding my fish, and facebooking and all!!

But I did learn a lot:-
learnt a new language, 
learnt to survive in a non-english speaking country, 
became more effective in using my body language for communication, 
learnt to adjust and appreciate the cultural differences around me, 
learnt a lot of history and geography (again!!), 
learnt cooking, 
mastered googling, 
learnt how to take better photography, 
learnt its tips and tricks, 
learnt using Photoshop and paint.net.

I wouldn't say any melodramatic dialogue like "They say, behind every successful man there is women, but behind me, there is this man"

But yes, in everything I learnt, I had S behind me, supporting me in every step I take and make sure he backs me up, makes sure I don’t fall, make sure I travel in the right direction!  What more can I ask for??  He is simply the best!!
 
On the lighter side, he deserves an award of excellence, an award for being patient, and being able to bear with me for 3 years and for the future years to come, and for bearing my food and experimentations, and for being an unpaid model for my photo-shoots :)

PS: Was on a holiday spree celebrating W-day whole of last week, and less did I realize that I again have to clear up the pile of unread posts!! Please bear patiently until I read your posts and comment on them !!

21 comments:

  1. First time on your blog!Congratulations and celebrations on your anniversary dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversaty. wishing you guys many many more years of togetherness !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful anniversary post :)
    Here's wishing you both many many happy returns of the day filled with fond memories,loads of love,cheer,togetherness and good luck for every day to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post...and an awesome tribute to S! :)
    Here's wishing your 1000 more years will be as eventful, as exciting, as happy, as loving and as together as it now is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful contradictions are the base for a strong bonding... :) :)

    Lovely post which made go Awwww.... :) :)

    Happy Wedding Anniversary !!! :) :) My wishes to both of you for this happiness to be everlasting. :) :) Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 3rd anniversary Anu :) wish the love between you both grows for the lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww congratulations dear... that is such a sweet and adorable post :D
    lot of understanding between you too huh :D my best wishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very happy anniversary... Keep up the same spirit in all the years to come...

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very happy anniversary .. and many many many more to come ..
    God bless both of you :)

    party sharty.. cake shake .. :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Beautiful post on Anniversary. I wish all wives think like this ...:)))) I read ever bit of this post..very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations Anu.. And what an amazing post.. I am just thinking what to write here.. I mean whatever I scribble might not be enough for this post!..I mean Is this called 'being in love' ?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful post Anu! Congratulations and wish you both a joyful and fun filled togetherness forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I could so relate to this post.. Guess you know why :)
    Beautiful post.. I think it is the putting up with the contradictions in each other that counts, ultimately.

    We are different in many ways too, and similar in a lot of ways too. He balances the negatives in me beautifully.. Guess that's why we have been able to hold strong for the 2+ years we hav been together. :)

    Wishing you both a very happy anniversary and many many more years of happy togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a very happy anniversary..btw .sorry I was away from blog for long..thanks for staying connected..am happy to have good blog friends like you..keep the cheers n best wishes always

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been an occasional reader here..beautiful post. Wish you both the very best..hope to read more in the times to come..

    Sathej

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for those wonderful wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  17. My best wishes to you guys! That’s wonderful and beautiful post on your post wedding experience and pleasure. Lovable couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear! I was smiling throughout reading ur post... and then i felt my eyes were wet. May God bless both of you... may you have a wonderful time ahead.

    esp loved these lines:

    She builds her castle in air, while he makes sure that castle has strong foundations!

    and also the four lines of poem... just loved them :)

    God bless and Happy Anniversary, though belated.

    RESTLESS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated Anniversary Wishes, Vaish!! :) Wishing you loads of happy memorable moments together!!
    It felt as if I was reading about KG and me!! :)

    ReplyDelete